29-060C Corn Creek South
At the base of the vibrant Appalachian Mountains, in Elmore County’s rolling hills, you’ll find the Austin Property – a stunning, versatile piece of land available in Central Alabama with unmatched opportunity.
The Austin Property has been in the same family for more than one hundred years. The land presents a unique opportunity with potential to become just about anything you can dream up.
These features apply to 29-060C Corn Creek South:
- 145.2 acres, more or less
- 29-060E is composed of a complementary mix of planted longleaf pines with areas of hardwood streamside zones along Corn Creek and its tributaries.
- A gas line running east and west through the property is a great place to watch wildlife. The portion lying north of the gas line ROW is timbered with large hardwood and pine trees.
- Access is from Highway 170 (Georgia Road) over a 60 feet wide deeded Easement. The easement allows ingress, egress and utilities.
- The Highway 170 and Highway 14 intersection is only one-half mile south and Elmore Community Hospital is less than one mile away.
- There is 3,975 feet of frontage on beautiful Corn Creek and another tributary stream on the property.
- Approximate acreage breakdown is: 99 acres of planted pine, 4 acres of Gas Line ROW, 20 acres of mixed hardwood and pine on the north side of the Gas Line and south of the Gas Line on the far west, a 4 acre game plot, and 11 acres of streamside timber along Corn Creek and its tributaries.
- The southern end of the property joins the Wetumpka Industrial Park and the Wetumpka YMCA.
- The property is in the Wetumpka City Limits and is zoned R-H – Rural and Holding. This district is intended to provide for and protect those areas of Wetumpka that are predominantly agricultural in character and use and to provide areas for development. The R-H District is also intended to serve as a holding district for future development. As portions of this district are developed and/or complete utility services become available, it is intended that such district designation be amended appropriately in accord with the comprehensive plan.
The following is a compilation of information about all the Austin Tracts:
With more than nine hundred total acres, the East Tracts are offered as a whole and in combinations, or individual tracts may be purchased.
The multiple tracts of land can be utilized for a variety of investments, each having its own personality, topography, and potential. There’s excellent hunting land available, with mature natural timber dominated by majestic oaks and other hardwoods.
There are multiple sites for building your dream home with open fields and wooded homesites. You won’t be the first to live on this property as attested by the chimney on the Austin Pond tract. Wouldn’t it be interesting to go back in time and listen to the stories that were told sitting beside a fire in that fireplace?
With available access to city water and sewage, some tracts feature beautiful spaces perfect for residential development.
The open land along Highway 9 offers a great opportunity for a residential subdivision near shopping, medical care, schools, and the nearby casino for entertainment.
Three tracts have extensive frontage on beautiful Corn Creek (29-060C Corn Creek South, 29-060D Austin Pond, and 29-060E Georgia Road).
And “Yes, there are fish in the Austin Pond”. This is the pond that Dr. Max Austin fished in as a child with his grandfather, the sheriff of Elmore County.
Once you pass through the gate at the end of Graham Road and enter the Austin Pond tract, it is like you stepped back in time to a quieter, more peaceful era.
Other tracts have prime space for commercial and industrial development. The Wetumpka Industrial Park adjoins the south side of the Corn Creek South tract.
This piece of property is within a stone’s throw of the city of Wetumpka, the charming, recently revitalized town featured on HGTV’s Home Town Takeover this past May.
Wind Creek Casino is only a 10 minute drive from the property.
Lake Jordan and Lake Martin are also within close proximity of the Austin Property and offer excellent fishing, boating, swimming and plenty of outdoor adventure for any nature lover and their family.
The growing region is now available for residential, commercial, and industrial development. The relaxed pace of a small town with the convenience of big city living can be attained in this beautiful tract of land.